Be updated with the latest digital trends.
10 Best Responsive HTML5 Frameworks for Web Developers
November 5, 2013 By 7th Media Digital | 0 Comments
To say it’s challenging to pick only one responsive HTML5 framework is an understatement. With the plethora of platform choices that are becoming more and more advanced day by day, even picking the best two or three is difficult.
Our collection is based on the framework’s popularity. And while not definitive nor comprehensive, we are confident any of these choices will help solve your most complex programming woes in terms of building powerful responsive applications for the web or mobile.
Before Starting …
Web development is by far different today than it were five years ago or back in the 1990s. But these days, you’ll hear designers and developers chiming the sexiness of HTML5.
Major modern browsers are screaming ‘awesome’ with the thought of HTML5, which can deliver more savvy features and power that their earlier HTML predecessors can only dream of.
With HTML5, we are now experiencing a more semantic web with the use of structure specific tags. Thanks to HTML5 and we have a more visual and interactive web and mobile applications.
Visually, web and mobile applications have become more eye-pleasing and attractive. Rendering of rounded corners and creating drag and drop interactivity are just a few that HTML5 has allowed web designers to perform.
Presenting our ten responsive HTML5 framework selections, below, so we wish you all the luck:
1. Twitter Bootstrap
In many regards, Twitter Bootstrap is one bit of a web development front-end framework genius that gives its collection of website making and web application tools for free. It’s wealth of HTML and CSS-based design templates – typography, forms, buttons, charts, navigation, and other interface components – can be pretty helpful to web developers in action.
Best Tutorials for Bootstrap:
Twitter Bootstrap tutorial – w3Resource.com
Twitter Bootstrap Tutorial – Handling Complex Designs – Sitepoint.com
Getting started with Bootstrap – GetBoostrap.com
Bootstrap Tool and Resources Lists
Download Twitter Bootstrat at GetBootstrap
The Big Badass List of 319 Useful Twitter Bootstrap Resources – Bootstraphero.com
The Original List of Resources for Bootstrap – Bootsnip.com
Bootstrap Customization: Themes, UI Patterns and Tools – Awwwards.com
13 Resources to Design for Bootstrap – VandelayDesign.com
Top 20 Bootstrap Tools and Resources – Techslides.com
20 Awesome Resources for Twitter Bootstrap Lovers – DesignShack.net
Looking to quickly develop sites that looks a stunner at any size? Skeleton’s an open-source boilerplate for HTML5 websites and mobile-centered development, which offers its small collection of CSS files.
Here’s to remember what Skeleton works to do: it provides responsive grid down to mobile, fast to start and a style agnostic.
Best Tutorials for Skeleton
- Building a Responsive Layout With Skeleton: Starting Out – Webdesign.Tutsplus.com
- Skeleton Boilerplate: Learn How To Convert Artthatworks From PSD To HTML – 1stWebDesigner.com
- Build a Responsive, Mobile-Friendly Web Page With Skeleton – DesignShack.net
Skeleton Tools and Resources Lists
- Download Skeleton on Github – Guthub.com
- Skeleton – A Responsive WordPress Theme – SimpleThemes
- Skeleton Examples and Extension – GetSkeleton.com
- Skeleton on Drupal
3. HTML5 Boilerplate
Use the open-source front-end development tool, HTML5 Boilerplate if you want to build fast, robust and responsive web apps or sites. Its not only for its open-source tools that HTML5 Boilerplate earned its popularity in 2010, it is also one of the best that empowers sites to support modern web browsers, delivers site performance and lets web developers maintain server configuration independently.
Additionally, it is easy to love this front-end development framework to develop mobile-friendly web application experiences for what it offers. HTML5 Boilerplate includes mobile-friendly HTML template, placeholder icons, CSS resets for normalizing/standardizing stylesheet property values, standard media queries for common viewing screens, as well as HTML5 shiv for non-modern web browsers.
Best Tutorials for HTML5 Boilerplate
- Transform your website with HTML5 Boilerplate – TechRepublic.com
- HTML5 Quick Start with Boilerplate – TeamTreeHouse.com
- The Official Guide to HTML5 Boilerplate – TutsPlus.com
- HOW TO: Get Started with HTML5 Boilerplate – Mashable.com
HTML5 Boilerplate Tools and Resources Lists
- Download HTML5 Boilerplate on Github – GitHub.com
- 20 Snippets You should be using from Html5 Boilerplate – 1stWebDesigner.com
- The Indispensable HTML5 Boilerplate Website Template – HTMLGoodies.com
- HTML5, Boilerplates and Plugins – Rinchenemmaridley.com
This popular front-end web development framework is the most advanced in its league. It allows developers to start their website building effort for small devices first. hence, it’s Foundation’s rapid-prototyping capabilities that make for super flexible and responsive websites.
Best Tutorials for Foundation
- Foundation for Beginners: Getting Started – WebDesign.Tutsplus.com
- Dive into Responsive Prototyping with Foundation – Alistapart.com
Foundation Tools and Resources Lists
- Foundation Templates
Like all the four front-end development frameworks mentioned, SproutCore – which follows the MVC architecture – promises enabling developers to build native-live HTML5 applications rapidly with only little code to write.
It is open-source, which means it’s free, for developers to use its semantic templates to write HTML and CSS that update automatically when your models change.
Best Tutorials for Sproutcore
SproutCore Tools and Resources
6. HTML KickStart
Best Tutorials for HTML Kickstart
- Jumpstart Your Web Project With HTML KickStart – DesignShack.net
- HTML KickStart – A Frontend Skeleton For Creating Websites Faster – WebResourcesDepot.com
- HTML Kickstart Essentials – BuzzTheme.net
HTML Kickstart Tools and Resources List
- Download HTML Kicktstart
- HTML KickStart Updates: Font Awesome, Less Images & More
- Kickstart Documentation
7. Montage HTML5 Framework
Montage has features like reusable components and HTML templates, declarative component model, declarative data binding. These are meant to help developers deal with lots of dynamic page elements to build scalable and easily-maintainable HTML5 apps responsive for a range of connected devices.
Best Tutorials for Montage HTML5 Framework
Montage Tools and Resources
- Montage HTML5 Framework Download
- Montage: A Proven HTML5 Framework for App Development – LordBron.wordpress.com
- MontageJS Docs
8. Zebra HTML5 Framework
Zebra is a responsive HTML5 web development tool that promises to bring wide possibilities when developing WEB based Rich UI applications. Also a smart alternative to Flash or Applet technologies, it doesn’t need a plug-in on a client side just to be installed.
Best Tutorials for Zebra
Zebra Tools and Resources
CreateJS libraries are designed to work independently, or mixed and matched to suit your web development needs. Major sponsors of the tool are Adobe, Microsoft and AOL.
Best Tutorials for CreateJS
- CreateJS Training Tutorials – Lynda.com
- Create.js Integration Guide
- Learn CreateJS by Building an HTML5 Pong Game – Tutsplus.com
- Articles and Tutorials CreateJS/EaselJS – Github.com
- Intro to HTML5 Canvas and EaselJS – Youtube.com
CreateJS Tools and Resources
- Download CreateJS
- Create JS community in G+
- Show and Tell: CreateJS Community – CreateJS.com
- Toolkit for CreateJS Download – Adobe.com
10. Less Framework
A CSS grid system for designing responsive HTML5 websites, Less Framework shares some similarity with Skeleton (discussed above). However, it is its being just a plain and simple layout grid framework that sets it apart from the former.
Less Framework consists of four layouts – default, tablet, mobile and wide mobile – and three sets of typography presets. These are all based on a single grid.
Best Tutorials for Less Framework
- Getting Started with Less.js – Github.com
- HOW TO: Get Started with the Less Framework – Mashable.com
- DON’T READ this Less CSS tutorial (highly addictive) – Verekia.com
- Beginner’s Guide To LESS CSS Framework – MindFireSolutions.com
- Responsive Web Design with HTML5 and the Less Framework 3 – Sitepoint.com
- Introducing the LESS CSS Grid – DesignShack.net
Less Framework Tools and Resources Lists
- Download Less Css Framework
- Basics: Debugging & Customizing with LESS/CSS – RocketTheme.com
- Less Documents
These ten responsive HTML5 frameworks/boilerplates choices were based on their popularity and reputation. There are still more to choose from that can fit in your requirements and specifications. Let us know what is your favorite responsive HTML5 framework or frameworks.
10 Best Responsive HTML5 Frameworks for Web Developers by 7th Media Digital