The Benefits of Building Your Own Website
March 17, 2014 by 0 Comments|
Understanding the benefits of building your own website and hiring a professional to build your web design is important when you’re planning for the best option in hopes of getting the best value for your business.
Anybody today, even those without the technical skills, money and experience, can create a web page. One option is the easy-to-use or DIY website building tools while those with no time can simply hire a professional web designer to perform the task for them.
These are just common options available to choose from if you’re the boss. Knowing what’s right for you, your business and budget, are helpful to arrive at an intelligent decision.
Along with this process, don’t quickly discount the drawbacks and perils of both your options.Getting your own website is a golden opportunity to reach your global audience.Otherwise, wrong decision can ruin your brand in seconds and cause your demise.
Common Misconceptions About Website Building
Beginners are often prevented to setup their own website due to some unavoidable factors like time and budget.
But misconceptions are additional stumbling blocks that be busted. Here are common examples –
“As a beginner, starting to build my own website is difficult.”
“Building my own web page is too expensive.”
“My time is scarce, I don’t have time available to create my own website.”
“Amazon and eBay accounts would do. I can also have my own Facebook fan page, so it’s not bad to forget getting my own website built.”
Sensible observations? Valid complaints? Yes and no. But what’s also true is that these are mere excuses invoked by beginners when they’re looking to cover-up their fears about starting their first website project.
It’s just a big question why many would avoid getting their first website created when building your own website means more potential to rack up profits for your business!
Building Your Own Website – The Benefits
If you’re serious about getting your own website, you should also be convinced why it’s worth taking the risk and investing your time and money. Below, the benefits of getting your own website setup are as follows –
- Profit Potential – More than an online presence to showcase your brand, your website can also be a cash-generating platform or eCommerce. When you sell your products and services through your web commerce, you’re liberated from paying listing or final value fees of eBay or Amazon.Your brand online will also be remembered more through your URL, hence, increasing the likelihood of your audience returning and making additional purchases.
- Traffic Surge – Beyond increased sales through your website, here is one of the extra benefits of building your own website. You can use all your back-linking tactics and promotional strategies to drive traffic back to your frontline webpage, which as a result, can bring increased traffic outcome for your web presence.
- More Followers – One of the advantages getting your own website built by you is increased followers through your mailing list or newsletter signup. This is for your advantage because it will allow you to send email to your customers from your offline store. When you keep communicating and staying in touch with customers, you’re prolonging your relationship with them.
- Bigger Marketing Opportunities – To take advantage of the many opportunities offered by the web, having your own domain name is a big plus if you want to carve a name among your customers. Especially if your URL is easy to recall, it becomes more an advantage for you if you’ll advertise it in leading publications and media networks.
- Huge Money-Making Potential – Getting your own website one of the leading and busiest platforms around can mean more profit not only through selling or reselling products or services to your customers. Your website can actually be an advertising magnet and have your pages sold for ad placements. For extra profit potential, you can use Google AdWords to earn through clicks from your visitors.
How to Create Your Own Website?
After giving you a brief idea on how can a website help your business, we’ll look into some website building approaches, especially for beginners with no technical skills or experience.
- DIY Website Building Tools – These tools are helpful for anyone with no technical skills or any web development experience. WordPress, Wix or GoDaddy Web Builder are just some examples, offering predesigned templates to get you started very quickly.
DIY template designs are pre-populated with images and content so all you need to do is replace and customize the web content copy.
To make the experience a little faster and more user-friendly, web tools offer drag-and-drop features for designers to quickly rearrange design and content elements around the site.
While the obvious advantages include affordability, plugins are easy to install, and the inclusion of free hosting, there are limitations in terms of functionality that you can employ and you’ll need plugins to extend the web experience to a whole new level.
- Hiring a Professional to Build Your Website–While this may be an obvious choice for those with the resources to splurge, this is also considered by business owners wishing to get something done exactly the way they wish their presence done.
Busy owners of businesses need more time to focus on their cash-generating business processes and by paying for a third party service provider perform web design and web development, they thought they’ll be in to achieve their goals more efficiently.
The obvious drawback, of course, is the price. Hiring an expert web professional is more expensive than paying for a premium-priced DIY web builder like WordPress.
When choosing whether to pay for a DIY web builder or hire a web expert perform web development and web design, you have to balance the pros and cons of both options.
Choosing what’s right for you and your business will really depend on your goals. If you want to get a unique website, getting a tailor-custom design may be right for you.
Always factor the benefits of building a website before you make your decision.